The National Centre for Additive Manufacturing (NCAM)is a company registered under Section 8(1) of the Companies Act 2013. The NCAM is established by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY), Govt. of India and ITE&C Department, Govt. of Telangana in partnership with Industry. It is conceptualised with a vision to create and enable a sustainable ecosystem for product innovation in India with emphasis on research, design, development, and testing through collaborative efforts between academia, industry and government using the disruptive technology of Additive Manufacturing.The NCAM will nurture the growth and development of the Additive Manufacturing ecosystem in the country and it will be a physical centre located in Hyderabad equipped with state of art AM infrastructure, office and incubation space, etc. The core objectives of the National Centreare mentioned in the Annexure.NCAM intends to engage One Position of Program Leadfor Skill Development andStartup Incubation.The Program Leadwill be responsible to grow the Additive Manufacturingskills and talent pool in the country along with developing strategiesto incubatestartups and accelerationprograms.
- Applicant must have a minimum 4-5years’ of work experience in devising and delivering entrepreneurship innovation programs, supported startups as a coach and/or have been an entrepreneur yourself.
- Proven experience of as a Talent Development officer, Training Officer, Startup Incubation specialist or similar.
- Applicant should have experience in developing and running an equivalent incubator initiative or skill development program.
- Experience in project management, delivering training programs, stakeholder management and event management.
- Applicants should be able to cultivate, build and maintain strong working relationships with entrepreneurs, mentors, industry experts, industry associations and angel investors.
- Excellent communication, documentation and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen and ability to build rapport with large organizations and vendors.
- The candidate should be self-sufficient and self-reliant in developing and delivering innovation and skill development programs.
- The candidate should be dynamic and should be able to provide guidance to CEO for leading training and incubation programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer of NCAM, the incumbent shall carry out the duties given below: •
- Develop and design national-level Incubation and Accelerator programs.
- Develop Skill Development Programs in Additive Manufacturing technology and prepare an execution plan.
- Conduct extensive secondary and primary research and market analysis toward building robust skilling and incubation programs.
- To design and organisenational level-comprehensive workshops, seminars, and expert talks and conferences in collaboration with high-level stakeholders including government, industry, academia and R&D institutes.
- Mentoring and giving expert advice to potential and existing IncubatorMembers wishing to set up or already running a business -offering specialist business advice, training and coaching.
- Proactively identifying and delivering opportunities for entrepreneurs working in Additive Manufacturing technology and providing support at the regional and national levels for business advisory, legal IP and access to finance matters.
- Effectively record and monitor quantitative data to accurately capture unique engagement in the Incubator and in the specific enterprise programme.
- Support the project management team in preparing Agreements, MOUs, and NDAswith stakeholders.
- Support the Project Management team in preparing detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CEO, NCAM as the case may be.
Deduction of IT/TDS
The income tax or any other taxes liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting the payment, for which the NCAMwill issue TDS.
Termination of Contract
The NCAM may terminate the contract to which these terms apply if :
- The Program Leadis unable to address the assigned work/ Quality of the assigned work is not to the satisfaction of NCAM.
- The Program Leadfails in the timely achievement of the milestone as finally decided by the NCAM.
- The Program Lead is found lacking in honesty and integrity.
- The NCAM reserves the right to terminate the contract by giving 15 days’ notice to the Program Lead. Terminations shall be effected by written notice served to the program Lead and shall take effect within 15 days of delivery of such notice. The termination will be without prejudice to either party‘s rights accrued before the termination.
- The documents submitted by the candidate at the time of the interview, if found incorrect/false, his candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings are detected after the appointment, his services are liable to be terminated. The NCAMhas the right to reject the candidature at any stage and the decision of the NCAM will be final.
- NCAM reserves the right to raise/modify the eligibility criteria of the minimum educational qualification and/or minimum work experience.
- Program Lead will be entitled to one day of leave for every month of service, which can be availed of at any time during the period of the contract.
- NCAM reserves the right to revise the terms & conditions during the tenure of the contract.
- Program Lead will neither be entitled to the benefits of the Provident Fund Scheme nor Gratuity at the conclusion of the contract.
- The working hours of NCAM are 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Program Leadis expected to put in a minimum of 42 Hours of work per week.
Core Objectives of NCAM:
- To adopt, foster and promote AM as one of the key ingredients to fuel the industrial revolution 4.0 in India.
- To act as a repository for data and knowledge of the AM ecosystem including innovation, research, industry, and startups and derive insights to propose a Roadmap including measures and policies to improve the AM ecosystem in India.
- To become the epicentre for access to various international bodies, institutions, organizations and AM Centers of Excellence (CoEs) to enable government, industry and academia for indigenous R&D and product development.
- Enable Indian large businesses to adopt AM to improve their R&D, prototyping and product development capabilities and facilitate their entry into new businesses through enhanced product portfolio or services offering.
- Enable SMEs to diversify and enhance their product portfolio through the use of AM in creating new products, shortening the product development lifecycle and through rapid prototyping.
- To create and support other CoEs across the country by establishing a hub-and-spoke model with NCAM as the central node and various other CoEs or other organizations/institutions as regional hubs.
- To promote the adoption of additive manufacturing into various PSUs and in strategic industries to enhance their R&D capabilities, and develop strategic products and related IP through the methods of AM.
- To enable research and development to create newer technologies for AM such as software, machines, and materials.
- To establish a framework for defining standards and certification framework for AM components, materials and processes.
- Work with startups and entrepreneurs to help accelerate their product development related to AM through access to world-class equipment for development, testing, and validation and through partnerships, mentoring and access to funding.
- Enable the indigenization and commercialization of AM parts, components, and materials and create disruptions in additive manufacturing.
- Create a formal process through collaboration with academia, research institutes, IP and legal cells to patent, copyright and register indigenous innovations in AM.
- To participate, collaborate and enable skill development programs to create a highly-skilled workforce that is capable of operating and enhancing the additive manufacturing tools and equipment and to be absorbed by the industry.
1 (one) – on contract basis
Bachelor's degree in business administration and an MBA or Post Graduation with specialisation in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Skill Development related field from a recognized University as per Government of India norms.
Interview by Selection Committee
A Selection Committee shall be constituted to finalise the appointment of Program Leadfor Skill Development and Startup Incubationfor NCAM.